Whether you are starting, transitioning, or advancing your career, the new year is perfect for connecting forward on the road to success.
Build Your Roadmap to Success:
- Attend Workshops & Events
- Visit Our Centers
- Expand Your Options
AAWDC is the bridge between understanding the workforce and preparing individuals to meet their full career potential.
Check out a few of our success stories below:
Riffat R., a MTC participant, earned a degree in bioscience 20 years ago, but has never utilized that degree. When she decided to put that degree to work, she completed the 5 Steps to Rapid Employment Career Restart boot camp. She then enrolled in a lab technician training w/ BTI (BioTechnical Institute of MD) and transitioned into a Work & Learn with Pathsensors in Baltimore. Upon completing the Work & Learn, she was offered a full-time position.
Godfrey S. joined MTC in May 2017. Godfrey is a clinical researcher with extensive knowledge of research in vaccine development against emerging diseases and over 8 years of clinical laboratory experience in Uganda and the US. Godfrey began an MTC Work and Learn as a laboratory associate in the Transitional Tissue Engineering Center Elisseeff Lab at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Through the MTC On-the-Job Training benefit, he has been hired as a Senior Laboratory Technician with 2B Genetics LLC. Chioma Obi, MTC Bioscience Talent Consultant, developed the partnerships that allowed Godfrey to rapidly move on to his new career.
Paul S. a veteran and Anne Arundel Co. resident was laid off from his job in June of 2016. Paul had almost 20 years of IT experience. He was referred to MTC by the AAWDC WIOA case manager located in the Arnold office. Due to his veteran status he was accepted into MTC without being subjected to the randomization process. Paul was enrolled in a Project Management Certification course. Upon completion of the course Paul continued his job campaign. He interviewed for a position with Fannie Mae. Paul was hired as an Applications Development Analysis Sr. Manager making $150,000 a year. Paul credited his career consultant and the MTC program for helping him gain employment by allowing him to earn a highly valued credential.
Christopher W. wanted to be a professional driver, but had some obstacles standing in the way of achieving his dream career. He was connected to AAWDC’s CDL B training and began the program in June. In July, Christopher tested for his CDL B and earned the highest score on his pre-trip portion that the instructor had ever seen! He easily earned his license and was referred to a job recruitment event at Chaney Enterprises. Christopher’s interview was successful and he started working as a Cement Truck Driver at Chaney Enterprises in early August.
3/15: Johns Hopkins Health Care Hiring Event
From innovative claims processing and enrollment to data-driven analytics and care management - join a team of dedicated advocated committed to providing the best possible customer service and be part of an organization where every team member makes a difference.
Anne Arundel County Career Center
613 Global Way
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
AAWDC offers training for eligible job seekers in order to upgrade occupational and workplace skills. We offer individualized training to help you prepare for a new career or upskill in your current occupation.
Job Seeker Services:
- Customized job search assistance
- Access to online job listings
- Resume and cover letter preparation assistance
- Comprehensive and specialized assessments on choosing a career & skills aptitude
- Identify and remove your challenges to employment
- Individual employment planning and counseling
- Access to information about growing occupations and industries in Anne Arundel County
- Workshops and seminars on employment topics
- Essential workplace skills
- and more...
Veterans, Transitioning Military, and Spouses:
The Anne Arundel County Career Centers have dedicated staff, who work solely with veterans to help with their job search and career needs. Businesses here in Anne Arundel County have a desire to hire veterans; we can help you make that connection. Our veteran’s services staff are veterans themselves and understand the needs of other service members. They provide the following specialized services:
- Job Search Assistance including:
- assessment of employment and training needs
- referrals to employment opportunities
- access to federal career opportunities and federal contractor job listings
- Training opportunities including connection to programs to obtain state-recognized job credentials for skills acquired during military services
- and more...
Individuals with Disabilities:
AAWDC works closely with the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) in the Anne Arundel County Career Centers to assist individuals with disabilities in finding and retaining employment. Additionally, through the Ticket to Work initiative AAWDC is an Employment Network (EN) through which we provide employment services, vocational rehabilitation services, and other types of support services to Social Security disability beneficiaries including Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Services include:
- Support, incentives, and safeguards including protecting a person’s medical benefits
- Promote and support individuals to reach the goal of long-term self-sufficiency through
- Case management
- Job readiness skills training and workshops
- and more...
Individuals with Contact with the Criminal Justice System:
AAWDC’s Workforce Re-Entry Initiative partners with the Anne Arundel County Detention Center and provides opportunities for offenders and ex-offenders in successfully transitioning back into the community with the emphasis on employment. Individuals receive:
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- One-on-one career coaching
- Job search assistance.
- Criminal record reviews for expungement eligibility
- and more...
Individuals Unemployed for 6+ months:
AAWDC understands the challenges faced by people who are having a difficult time finding employment over a long period of time. We have developed a customized strategy to help you reimagine your job search through a proven boot-camp model. These services are tailored to the needs of those who have been unemployed for six months or more and include:
- Re-evaluating and upgrading your resume and cover letter to help get you back to work
- Guidance on how to address major gaps in employment with potential employers
- Services, when needed, to assist individuals in their job search, such as transportation support, benefits assistance, dealing with emotional stress, financial coaching, and other supports unique to your situation
- and more...
Successfully finding employment opportunities as an older worker can be challenging, particularly for those who have not been in the job-search market in many years. AAWDC has experience in working with the older job seeking population and has developed customized tools and resources for this population. We offer tailored job-search tools and resources for older job seekers including:
- Educating job seekers on labor market information in high-growth industries to assist them in making educated decisions
- Providing job search readiness instruction customized to meet the needs of job seekers 50 and over
- One-on-one coaching
- and more...
- Cybersecurity: Maryland is the national epicenter of cybersecurity activities, but the industry is facing a critical shortage of workers. In partnership with other workforce agencies, community colleges, business, government, educational and community organizations, AAWDC offers state-of-the-art job training in cybersecurity and information assurance to eligible job seekers to increase the pipeline of qualified workers in this high-demand field. The Cybersecurity Consortium has dedicated staff to work with job seekers to enter training and connect to employment opportunities.
- Technology & Bioscience: AAWDC's MTC initiative prepares eligible participants for middle and high skilled occupations in information technology and biosciences through intensive coaching and job placement services, short-term occupational training, and career pathways skills training.
Visit a Career Center:
Full Service Career Center:
Satellite Career Centers:
Business Solutions Center @ BWI Marshall Airport
Lower level baggage claim, across from door #8
BWI Airport, MD 21240
Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm