The Anne Arundel County Career Centers have dedicated staff, who work solely with veterans to help with their job search and career needs. Businesses here in Anne Arundel County have a desire to hire veterans; we can help you make that connection. Our veteran’s services staff are veterans themselves and understand the needs of other service members. They provide the following specialized services:
- Job Search Assistance including:
- assessment of employment and training needs
- referrals to employment opportunities
- access to federal career opportunities and federal contractor job listings
- Training opportunities including connection to programs to obtain state-recognized job credentials for skills acquired during military services
- Referrals to federal job opportunities through the disabled veterans hiring initiative
- Connection to businesses interested in hiring veterans
- Assistance to reservists and National Guardsmen returning from deployment
- Specialized services for veterans who are experiencing homelessness or in danger of losing their housing including assistance with rent and utilities, housing referrals, and supportive services including obtaining government issue identification, health care, and financial advice, as needed
To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our workshop calendar for dates and information on upcoming workshops to assist with your job search. All workshops are free, but you MUST REGISTER in advance.